Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas questions

I got these questions from Heather's blog and decided to do them here! If you enjoy them, do them on your blog, and let me know so I can read them!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Definitely wrapping paper... I suck at gift bags, I can't figure out how to do the tissue paper inside them.
2. Real tree or Artificial? We've done artificial more often than not, but now that I have an apartment, we got a real one this year! I think I'm allergic though.. but I love our real tree!
3. When do you put up the tree? We did it a week or two after Thanksgiving.. I guess whenever we have time to get one!
4. When do you take the tree down? Not sure yet, but I want to leave it up as long as possible! I love having it over in that corner and looking at the ornaments.
5. Do you like eggnog? I think it's pretty good
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I'm going to have to say my iPod. My parents got them for us my freshman year of college and it was awesome.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Lauren or my mom. There are always so many things I can think of to give them!
9. Do You have a nativity scene? My parents do. We don't have one yet, but will get one some day!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Definitely mail! I love love love getting your cards! And seeing the pictures!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? One year my brother gave me a CD for Christmas. It was one I had asked for, but what he ended up doing was giving me an O-town CD (anyone remember them??) and hid the real CD that I wanted inside it, just to see me try to react favorably to receiving a really crappy CD. So I really liked the CD I wanted, but I consider the other O-town CD a bonus gift, and it was pretty bad.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I really like Elf.. it's hilarious. And Love Actually. All the classics are great, but those two I can watch over and over again.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Umm.. I probably started late October. Definitely did a lot in November. It stresses me out to wait until the last minute.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not sure about a Christmas present, but have definitely recycled gifts. I hate throwing things away, even if I don't want them!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies! and homemade pizza on Christmas Eve. My mom's side of the family has always done this as their tradition. I think we've only spent one or two Christmases with them, but we've always done it as our own family, too.
16. Lights on the tree? Does this mean color? We have white lights. I like them :) class, class, class.. right? haha
17. Favorite Christmas song?
I'm not sure. I like a lot of Christmas songs. But Chris would definitely say Sleigh Ride by Relient K.
18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? We've always stayed home and done a family thing. I really enjoy it!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yes I definitely can.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Actually this year we don't have a tree-topper! It's our first tree... it takes time to acquire these things!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Traditionally we open one on Christmas Eve and then open presents Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Stores. I really really dislike the parking lots and how crowded it gets.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like red, I'm not sure about the theme thing.
24. Favorite Christmas dinner? Pizza
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Honestly I can't really think of anything. I just want some family time and good food and cookies.

3 comments:

jennie said...

you could have an awesome tree topper if you would just accept it.
and i like the questions! christmas time is definitely my favorite time of the year

Whittaker Woman said...

I love it! I did not know your family did pizza too!

Dorothy said...

Katie you do have a nativity! You got it for Christmas in your pyramid! I see the angel on top and holy family it in middle!