Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

School

Well, some of you know I have decided to go back to school in the afternoon/evenings to take a few classes this semester. For those of you who didn't know yet, that's what I'm doing! I know, I know, I've only been out of school for 8 months, but I missed it! Anyway, this post is about my experience in my first class this week.
It felt like high school! I walked into a classroom, attendance was taken, and we all introduced ourselves to the teacher. There was no food or drink allowed in the room, and we went over classroom procedures like participation and turning in work on time. Most of the people in there had their cell phones in their laps and were texting, and I'm pretty sure there were more copies of Twilight in the room than the text book. The material definitely moves at the pace of a college class though. I'm excited to be studying again. I know that sounds weird, but I enjoy the mental stimulation!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

yay good for you!!! i've been wondering how classes were going for you but i was sure you've been insanely busy. i'm glad you're enjoying it though!

maggie said...

i totally understand the missing school! i'm so happy for you that you decided to go back and try something new :) good luck and keep us posted on your academic adventures!

LA-jan said...

That's great! Glad to see you enjoying the academics!

jennie said...

wow way to go kt! do you have a lot of homework?

Patty said...

Good luck Katie! It takes a great deal of courage to try something new (cracking up at your Twilight comment)!

Elizabeth said...

good for you Katie! What classes are you taking? I have been shocked that some of my classmates frequently come to class and text/listen to music/read novels, so you're not alone!