Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Granola

Yesterday I endeavored to make granola. It's something I always wanted to try to make during college and just never got around to doing. My first try was a success! It was/is delicious. The only problem is that now I snack on it ALL day long. If you'd like to try, here is the recipe I used:

4 c oats
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t ground nutmeg
1/2 c peanuts (or you could use 1 c almonds/walnuts/raisins/etc.)
1/4 c oil
1/4 c honey
1/2 t vanilla

Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Mix the liquid ingredients in a sauce pan over low heat until they're mixed together pretty well. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry once and mix until coated. Spread out on a cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes-ish (til it turns golden brown). Make sure to stir it every 10-15 minutes.

This one is really easy, and you can be as creative with it as you want! Good luck and let me know how it turns out if you try it!

1 comment:

jennie said...

oooh thanks for posting the recipe! i've been wanting to make granola myself but have never got around to it, but now i know this recipe is good it may be time to go for it!