Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Philadelphia

So I'm in Philadelphia this week for work. Check out my sweet hotel room. It's almost the size of our partment. View from the front door, kitchen, bedroom with a king bed, and a sweet bath robe that I felt that I should model. Also of note is that my hotel is located at 1776 Benjamin Franklin Parkway. How historical.

Last night I had to work pretty late, but today we got done at about 7:30, so I had a little bit of sunlight left, so I decided to try to take advantage of my location and walked about a mile over to the historic part of the city and saw city hall, the liberty bell, and independence hall.
We'll see what the work schedule is like for the rest of the week. My hotel is only about a mile from the Museum of Art, so if I get done while it's still light out another night, I'm going to have to run there and do the Rocky pose on the steps. Also I should probably track down a cheese steak. Yeah, I think I'll do that.

7 comments:

Patty said...

Track down a cheesecake or a cheese steak?? Love the pictures, esp the one of you in your fancy robe~! glad you got to see so many wonderful sights.

maggie said...

wow! You really travel in style! I'm so proud you went to see the birthplace of our nation :) Enjoy historic philly and make sure you don't leave without getting a cheese STEAK --- a nice greasy one from the street vendors is the way to go.

Aunt Paula said...

Chris, definitely go for the Rocky viewing and pose, then take a cab down to Gino's for the best cheese STEAK in Philly. Order a "wiz with!" Nice basketball court right across the street (well, it was there in '00) -- you can play a pickup game with the locals. Thanks for sharing some pictures!

Alex Heacock said...

If I'm not mistaken, the long brown, cylindrical pillow on the bed in your picture would suggest that you're at the embassy suites - attached to a TGI Friday's and located directly across from the four seasons, correct? Anyhow, if it is, that place is sweet, we've stayed there a few times for the Penn Relays - Baller

Chris said...

Either that's really impressive that you know that just from the pillow on the bed, in which case you should probably be a detective, or you googled the address that i posted. Since it's your graduation week, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

jennie said...

i think you should have a tasty cheesecake too. no matter where you are cheesecake is always a good idea!

Uncle Paul said...

Just promise me you had something on besides a t-shirt under that robe????