Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Aquarium

When we got into town, Chris and I went to the NC Aquarium. It was no Monterey Bay, but still a ton of fun. I got to pet sting rays, which was awesome. Some of them were very friendly and kept coming back for more! I did get a little freaked out when one lept halfway out of the pool at me when I wasn't paying attention. Chris wouldn't even get near them - but you all know how much he loves animals...hah

Among some of the cooler animals they had were eels and sharks:They also had a lot of fun places to take your picture, which we obviously took advantage of:

7 comments:

Dorothy said...

Fun pictures! I love the last two!

Elizabeth said...

those are some excellent pictures of you and chris! i love petting sting rays--so soothing even though you know they could sting you.

jennie said...

haha those are awesome. do the sting rays in those petting tank have their stingy thing removed?

LA-jan said...

Wow! Great photos!

Katie said...

Yes they were removed, but apparently they grow back. I guess they have to keep checking so they can get them before they can harm people - but they tell you not to get near the tails anyway to be safe

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous! I love the aquarium! Looks like you guys had a blast, and I love the new layout too!

maggie said...

i love the aquarium pictures! i'm headed to the baltimore aquarium next week and really, really hope i can pet the stingrays there :)