Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The difference between boys and girls

The other day I had the following conversation with Chris:

[While watching ESPN on tv, a female reporter came on.]
Me: "I wonder if side-bangs will be one of those things that we look back on five to ten years from now and think how ridiculous they look...You know, like when people feathered their bangs in the 90s?"

Chris: "What are side-bangs?"

Me: "Did you just see that reporter on tv? She had side-bangs."

Chris: "I didn't notice."

Katie: "Okay, well, like Lauren's hair." [Lauren is my sister for those of you who don't know.] "Lauren has had bangs for three of four years now."

Chris: "Lauren has bangs?"

Me: "...you've got to be kidding me."

I don't get it! Is this conversation the result of unfamiliar terminology? Is it simply a lack of observation on Chris' part? The thing is, Chris is usually very observant. He tends to notice things like whether I have a new article of clothing or whether I've painted my nails. Could it be that guys specifically just don't notice hair? I am totally at a loss here!

4 comments:

jennie said...

haha that's awesome. but yeah i don't know either.

Christina Casares said...

that's so funny...i decided to my own post along similar lines

Paul said...

If he had known what side-bangs were I would have been disappointed. Dude's in general do not notice these things. testosterone blocks our ability to notice this. Now, if you had asked him what happened in the 4th story before you asked the questions, he would have been able to tell you. No offense meant by him (or any other dude), it is just genetics. Love us for what we are... :)

erin said...

My brother Stephen notices every time my mom or I or Jackie get haircuts. Ever since he was little he always noticed!!! Isn't that funny?