Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Exploring the area

We've had very fortunate weather down here recently for fall. It's definitely rained its fair share, but we've also had warm days. Plus, even on some of our cold days (today), the sun is out which makes it feel warmer out than it actually is. Last week before the time change went into effect I decided to explore a trail that runs off the main road next to our neighborhood. I figured since it was named after our state flower, it had to be good! Plus dogwood trees are gorgeous (my parents used to have out in our backyard), so I figured it would be pretty, too.

It started out nicely, but the sun was setting rapidly so I didn't want to stay out too long.

And I got my wish! About a half a mile to a mile down the trail, it just dead-ended. And where did it dead-end you ask? In the parking lot of the hospital! I don't really get it. It's a short trail that leads from a neighborhood to a hospital parking lot. Oh well...

I tried to walk home through town (the hospital is in town), but of course I got lost. I found my way once I found that main street again, but I was still bummed the trail didn't loop around or even continue for a little longer. Hopefully next time I'll find a more successful path!

4 comments:

jennie said...

oh farmville.

Elizabeth said...

at least it's a pretty trail! apparently the only trail close to our hospital houses rattle snakes :)

Patty said...

That looks like such an idyllic trail...leading to a parking lot (sad). Well, if you do it several times, I guess you could get some good walks in.

maggie said...

haha, i wonder why they built it?! maybe it was some historical route... like the way the original farmville settlers came to town?!