Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Magazine

A couple weeks ago, my sister was at her house reading a magazine. Someone at her house (she lives with 8 girls in a huge house in Harrisonburg) has a subscription to The Knot, which if you've gotten married within the last 5 years, you probably know all about - but if you haven't, it's just another wedding magazine full of cute ideas for people planning weddings.

More specifically, she was reading about flowers for all seasons. Pretty hydrangeas for fall, ranunculus for winter, hyacinths and anemone for spring (WHAT? Are these seriously flower names??), you know, the usual.

And then she noticed something.

Chris and I were in the magazine!! Right next to the article! We knew that our photographer was using our wedding pictures in her ads, but I never saw it in person. Lauren brought the magazine home for us so we could see in person, but it was so exciting for me! I've never been in a magazine before.

11 comments:

Catherine McPherson said...

Thats awesome:) Love the picture too!!

Patty said...

Best advertisement ever!!

Dorothy said...

Great photo of a great couple!

Christina Casares said...

That's so awesome!! Do you get any royalties from it? ;)

LA-jan said...

Celebrities!

ashley said...

Hahaha that is awesome! I'm with Stina - I think you should get a little kickback from your advertising :)

maggie said...

this is so cool! you're famous :)

Paul said...

When I was looking at your pictures when you first got them this was one of my favorites. Great picture.

Kickbacks, we want to see kickbacks...

Vanessa said...

Wow! That's so cool.

jennie said...

gorgeous! you're kind of a big deal

Michele said...

I do love that photo! How amazing to be turning a page and seeing your sister! That must have been so much fun for Lauren!!!
I agree!!! ROYALTIES NECESSARY!!!!