Pages

Monday, November 27, 2017

Thanksgiving in Williamsburg!

This is the first year we've planned to stay in Williamsburg for Thanksgiving. We ended up staying in 2014 and had dinner with friends because I was on call at work but this year we planned to stay because we weren't sure whether the babies would be here yet and how old they would be if they were. My mom came down to cook for us, my brother came down after work on Wednesday, and my sister flew in from California to surprise me and meet the twins! It was wonderful having everyone down here part of our daily chaos. I know everyone left tired, though.

My mom and sister arrived on Tuesday and we spent Tuesday and Wednesday doing a bit of food prep, and snuggling Ben and Rosie.

Eleanor and Jane got special hairstyles, too. Jane got her hair braided for the first time and Eleanor got her hair done like Kirsten (Lauren's American Girl doll).

We played lots of games and legos...

On Thursday we took turns kicking for the Turkey Bowl. I didn't really kick (given I was just two weeks post c-section) but everyone else got one over! Lauren from 10, my mom from 10, Eric from 32 and Chris from 35. Eleanor kicked one over Chris' arms (he put them up as uprights). It was also fun because just like in Leesburg, we were able to just walk over to the local high school to kick. It's so nice to be so close and get a decent walk in!

After kicking, we went home for naps and dinner prep. The girls ate off their Thanksgiving placemats that they made in preschool and at church.

Eleanor showed off her pilgrim outfit from school:

We snuggled some tiny turkeys:

And made the kids pose for a picture:

Dinner was wonderful and cooked entirely by my mom with not much assistance given that everyone was distracted by babies! Thanks mom!

On Friday Chris and Eric went on a local brewery tour with his brother Rob who was in town visiting his girlfriend's family after Thanksgiving. They went to Virginia Beer Company, Brass Cannon Brewing, Billsburg Brewery, and Alewerks.

It was a great week with great people and were so glad everyone was able to come down here this year to join us!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

It was sooo much fun! Thank you for letting me show up unannounced for a few days - you have the cutest little turkeys and I can't wait to see you all next month!!

Dorothy said...

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving and so very grateful for Ben and Rosie to have arrived in time for the celebration! I couldn't believe your great kick just 2 weeks after a c-section with twins! Love you guys!

maggie said...

Nothing like being home for the holidays! So glad you got to enjoy the day without being pregnant :) And so special that your sister made a surprise visit!!