Pages

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Cooped up

Well so far the month of January has been spent mostly indoors. We had a snow storm (almost 8") and the public schools closed for 5 days - Thursday through the following Wednesday. We got outside a few times in that, but with the babies being so small and hard to bundle, I wasn't able to get out a ton. It was below freezing that entire time so the snow never melted and even though the roads were plowed, they refroze every night because of the temperatures. Then after we finally recovered from the snow, we all (except the twins) came down with a stomach bug for 24 hours. Jane was first, then I got it 48 hours later, and then Eleanor, and then Chris (who only got the fever, not the bug). We finally seem to be on the upswing now, but sometimes I feel like I'm never going to get into any sort of routine with four kids.

Sitting around bundled up:

Ben trying to make an escape out of his swing:

We did get to the library once on our last snow day right before everyone got sick:

But mostly we sat around inside. Here is me with all three of my girls:

I hear we are possibly going to get an inch or two of snow this week, so we'll see if we make it through a week of school!

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Glad you are all on the mend. Love that picture of Jane at the library!

Lauren said...

I know it must of been a tough week, you seriously are supermom and you're doing such a great job! I hope the weather lets up enough for you all to be able to start getting out a little more.