Pages

Thursday, January 11, 2018

New Year, new do - Eleanor's first hair cut!

Well, at almost 4 and 1/2 years old, Eleanor finally got a haircut! I've been trying seriously to get her to let us cut her hair since about this time last year. With my sister's wedding approaching, I really wanted her to have a fresh cut, but she would not have it. Finally, about a year later, she agreed! And it looks so fresh and clean! We took off somewhere between 6-8 inches, and it looks so much healthier! Eleanor actually asked her to cut it much shorter, but I couldn't bear it and was afraid she would be upset afterward if the cut was too drastic. She was so cute right before, "I wonder what it's going to feel like!"

Before:

During (the lady had to kneel on the floor and have Eleanor stand because her hair was still too long to cut in the chair with a booster seat):

After:

So far she really likes it and is feeling so grown up that she gets her hair cut now!

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

I love it! What beautiful hair Eleanor!!!

La-Jan said...

Lovely, it is fun getting a haircut!

Patty said...

So brave and cute!!

maggie said...

She has the best hair - it looks really great with the cut! Plus I'm sure much easier for mama in the mornings :)