Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2018

May wrap-up

The month of May was very busy! With Eleanor's last month of school, Memorial Day, visitors, and decent weather we had a lot going on.

Jane had her last day of "yellow class" and is so going to miss her teachers Mrs. C and Ms. Kathy.

One day all my girls decided to wear matching shirts that said "big sis" and "little sis" so I took a picture!

We attempted to put an additional bike seat on my bike for Eleanor to try some longer rides than she can tolerate by herself on her small bike. My bicycle built for five was very heavy and not easy to control, so I only made it down the street. We will just have to wait until she's able to go further on her own.

I went back to work for just one day before deciding it's not the right time to go back (who knows if it will ever be)! Chris took a vacation day of work to watch the kids at home. It took me like 3 days to recover afterwards.

School's out for the summer for this one. She had a blast at preschool this month.

Someone decided to potty train themselves this month. She one day decided she wanted to put on underwear and didn't have a single accident for 10 days in a row! She has since had an accident or two, but has been potty trained for about a month now.

We've spent tons of time at the park in our neighborhood.

It has also rained like crazy. Sometimes for a week straight.

I've attempted a lot of different things to keep the babies happy. They basically don't nap very much anymore so spend a lot of time awake vying for attention. Since there are four little ones trying, there's not much to spare.

I take advantage of every time the babies actually take naps, which is usually only once a day now.

In the meantime we try to enjoy all the little things like tiny feet that get bigger every day and snuggles!

One day the girls put me in time out in my room for not letting them watch TV, and the only way I could come out was by letting them watch a show. The joke was on them though because I just read a book in my room! It was glorious.

Eleanor was supposed to have a field trip to go strawberry picking. It got cancelled due to rain which actually was sort of a relief to me. I had no idea how I was going to manage everyone and no one I knew here was able to take her. We have been enjoying delicious strawberries from the grocery store though!

Because of the cancelled field trip and being stuck inside for a week due to rain and thunderstorms plus a bunch of other random stuff that made the week hard including Chris being out of town, we decided to make mini cakes one afternoon.

The girls and I built a fort and played in it for a couple days.

Another day of matching outfits! This doesn't happen often in this house.

One day I left the kids out in the car while I ran inside to get something and came back out to Jane crying and almost hyperventilating in her car seat. She was screaming that there was a monster in the driveway about to get her. I looked out her door and there sat a turtle. We have since had several conversations about monsters vs. turtles.

Ben had his first foray into the pool a couple days before Memorial Day. He didn't love it, but didn't hate it either. Rosie had her first try Memorial Day weekend.

The babies are getting bigger and cuter! They even occasionally ride in the seats of the stroller instead of their car seats.

One of Chris' college roommates had twins a month or two before we did...they came down to Williamsburg to visit. Dads and twins!

Onward to June!

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

Wow, what a busy month! I had no idea you went back to work one day! I love these updates. Such a cute picture of the girls in the big sis, little sis t-shirts! Love the dads and the twins and you in timeout!

Lauren said...

Crazy, I had no idea Jane is officially potty trained!! Congrats and way to go Janer! That looks like a gigantic strawberry E has, love the fort!

LA-jan said...

The dads with twin can't be beat! Fabulous! Wow, Jane is amazing! What a lifesaver. Sure wish my kids thought to give me a time out! Love that!