Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2022

Papa Laser

I don't really have words to share what's been going on lately, but saying nothing feels even worse. Chris lost his dad this month, the kids their Papa Laser, and me my father-in-law. Everyone has been managing and dealing with this loss in their own way. I can't do justice to the incredible life he lived or to the example he was to his children, but I can say that if you know Chris (or any of his siblings) at all, and the husband and father that he is to us, you may have some idea of the kind of man Papa Laser was. I feel fortunate to have known this man for half of my life at this point, but wish it could have been longer. I am very proud to be part of his family, proud of how his kids have rallied around their mom, and we would all appreciate prayer as the entire family processes his legacy.

We had gone up to visit the day before he passed and Eleanor made this sign for him when we shared he was in the hospital to welcome him home. It was heartbreaking to see, but he is home with his eternal father now. 

This little guy has unexpectedly had a rougher time than I had anticipated and has been sleeping with an old flight suit Papa Laser gave us a couple years ago.

His children did a fantastic job honoring him and his life.

Despite trying to do my best helping the kids as they work through this, Chris has really been incredible as he's being pulled in so many directions during this process. He has shown so much patience and care while also focusing on honoring his father. 

There has been some small joy seeing the community surround this family in practical and intangible ways, though we wish it were different. We love Papa Laser.


2 comments:

Violet said...

My heart has been with you through this journey. What a beautiful posting here in his honor. We truly grieve, but not without hope. Give your precious family my love. Continued prayers for you all.

Dorothy said...

He is and will always be loved dearly. This is a beautiful post and celebration of Bob who made such a impact by his life on so many. Prayers continuing for all of you.