Pages

Monday, August 31, 2026

August wrap-up

August! This year even the start of August felt like the end of summer. Part of this is because Labor Day is so late this year so it feels like school started even earlier. I think we need to plan an August vacation again to keep the good times rolling. It was pretty hot most of the month, but we did get a bit of a reprieve the first week of school. 

Jane and Rosie went to see the Little Mermaid with friends:

Rosie, like me, is getting into birding (just kidding):

Eleanor started Invisalign!

Trip for ice cream!

Eleanor also got to attend the Student Ministries summer retreat. She went a day late because of champs, but had a great time!

My birdhouse (from Aunt Holly) - I trimmed some branches so I can see it through the window while I work:

Evening walks down to the marina...

Towers built with school supplies...

Ben has been very interested in 3-D printed things lately:

We've eked out all the pool time we possibly can!

Jane had orientation at the middle school and Eleanor helped lead it as an 8th grader:

Ben had a couple nasty bike injuries recently (thank goodness for helmets):

Back to school nights!

Ice cream at the pool by our lovely civic association:

Rosie and Ben both rode Pantheon for the first time this summer:

We had a make your own pizza night:

Jane getting ready for the first day of school:

Rosie first week of school hair:

Fun summer friends - they caught a butterfly:

Ice cream at Retro's in CW!

Rosie with a neighborhood buddy, Elle:

Fun times at Busch Gardens:

Good times at Water Country!

Boys ready to race at church:

Time down at the marina:

Jane at Sno-to-go with her soccer team:

This month has been fun and full of all things summer. We are sad to see it end, but I am ready for cooler weather! We will take advantage of whatever heat we have left to play in the pool, but I'm ready to pull out a hoodie!

No comments: