Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

It's wedding season!

We started out our weekend at a friend and coworker's wedding.  It was a beautiful service - the first Catholic wedding I've ever attended, and the reception was also wonderful.

The wedding took place in Williamsburg where Chris and I went to school.  Since the ceremony was at the Catholic church on campus, we got to walk around our old stomping grounds while we were killing time before the reception.  I absolutely love walking around campus and don't think I'll ever get tired of Williamsburg.  I'll have to post some pictures of campus yestereday when I've got a bit more time for those of you who haven't also lived there with me for four years :)

The reception was at a really nice place overlooking the James River in town.  We had the occasion to eat there once around the time of graduation and I remembered how absolutely gorgeous it was.  I was thrilled for the chance to go back!
 

Everything went great until I went to wash my hands after using the bathroom at the reception venue.  I leaned against the sink, which was soaked, and then had a ridiculous stripe of water across my dress for a bit.  I tried to hide it as best as possible, but we left soon after that incident.  I wasn't too embarrassed because this has happened to me before, so I know it's happened to all of you a time or two.

Another great benefit of the location was that we were able to get into town a little early and stay a little late to visit some friends we hadn't seen in awhile.  We were only there for half a day, but it was packed with friends and wonderful experiences.

5 comments:

jennie said...

cute dress! even with water on it! (and yes i've definitely done that) where is that reception site? it's beautiful!

LA-jan said...

Beautiful site for a wedding! Too bad about the watermark on such a cute dress, too! Yes, I've done that too!

Katie said...

Jennie - it was at Two Rivers

jennie said...

i don't think i've heard of that- it's beautiful!

maggie said...

yup yup, I do that at work all the time!! I LOVE the ccm chapel -- looks like a beautiful wedding!