Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day two heading west

We got up bright and early to hit the road for day two.  Chris and I were keeping each other company up front while the rest took a nap in the backseat.  Actually, Lauren slept for maybe only 30 total minutes both days of driving so I'm pretty shocked that I got a picture of her with her eyes closed.

We drove through Mississippi and crossed the Mississippi River into Louisiana.  I'm pretty sure I've crossed it before driving to Texas, but not any time that I can remember so it was pretty exciting.  It's huge!

Once we were in Louisiana we started looking for a place to get coffee.  We ended up on a wild goose chase in Monroe and somehow ended up on the University of Louisiana Monroe campus, so we took a quick picture to stretch our legs and got back on the road (without coffee! Booo.. but we had wasted too much time already).

Then we hit Texas - our destination.
And I should probably mention that Chris drove the entire way.  Well actually, I drove about 40 minutes in Virginia to pick up Lauren on our way out, but then Chris got behind the wheel and took over the rest of the driving.  I definitely offered but he insisted that he had more leg room on the driver's side and wanted to drive.  I tried!

7 comments:

Patty said...

Oh, this picture is too funny! I'm sure A&J have lauren beat by HOURS on the sleeping! Love your Welcome to Texas picture - so exciting! Thanks for posting.

Christina Casares said...

so much driving! Chris is a champ! you visiting Liz by any chance? (I figure you're probably going to see you grandparents)

Katie said...

Stina - I wanted to, but we're only here for a couple days and she's really far away :( I'm going to have to make a separate trip to see her!

Dorothy said...

Chirs looks very contented behind the wheel. Great job!

jennie said...

yay Texas!! doesn't the sky look HUGE out there?! see if you can figure out why. my sister-in-law and i were debating the reason and thought maybe it was that the cloud ceiling is higher in the atmosphere, but we never looked it up. let me know if you experience this and if you figure out why!

LA-jan said...

Sky looks so HUGE because everything is so flat! It is really amazing!

Unknown said...

That's got to be the most attractive I've ever seen myself. Let's be sure to scrapbook that one.