Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Tour of the apartment

I was all excited today to take some pictures of our apartment and post them up here for you guys to see, but for some reason, my camera wasn't staying on when I turned it on after work today.  I dug up my old camera and took pictures on that, but since the screen is broken, I couldn't actually see what exactly I was taking a picture of.  Anyway, I think I aimed pretty well so enjoy!

Here's a quick video, or you can just scroll through the pictures below.  We've hung a few things on the walls in the main living areas, but haven't gotten around to doing much else yet.


Outside (we're the third floor on the left of this picture):

Living Room:

Dining Room/Kitchen:

Bedrooms:

Deck:

So we've been in here for about two weeks and so far it's been working out well.  I miss the old house because it was in a wonderful neighborhood, we had great neighbors, and had the ability to walk to the grocery store.  Buuuut, I don't miss all the problems we had with the house.  We have laundry in our apartment instead of having to go down into a creepy basement, we haven't had any pipes or water lines burst, no heating/cooling issues yet, etc.  It's shaping up to be a nice place to live!

9 comments:

jennie said...

oh wow it's super cute! i love it! i can't wait to see it!

kayla said...

yeah ditto to Jennie! I know you said there's less space here, but it looks really open and spacious! :) happy for you guys...

Dorothy said...

i can't wait to see it too! It looks very spacious! so cute!

Michele said...

Looks wonderful Chris and Katie! I really like the washer and dryer bing in the apartment! Congratulations!

Elizabeth said...

i love it, especially the fireplace and deck! you guys deserve a low-maintenance place for a while :)

Patty said...

It looks much more spacious than I thought it was. Your LR furniture looks great in there. I thiink you'll love the outside space. Can't wait to see it - hopefully in a couple of weeks, once school starts. Congrats!!

Ashley said...

aw katie it's beautiful! i love the fireplace, and for having a lot less space, it looks like you've organized really well! can't wait to break in that guest room :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely apartment you have! You've done a great job in making it comfortable and homey.

maggie said...

can't believe i forgot to comment on this one: love the video tour and your place looks so homey :) AND your new kitchen looks fabulous!! can't wait to visit!