Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tornado

Living in central VA, we tend to get tornado warnings a few times a year. Today we heard our town was under tornado watch so we figured it would be no different than usual - a warning and then nothing. Then the hail came. I have never seen hail so large in my life! After it seemed to have stopped, I of course went outside to take a picture of it.

As I was fooling around outside while Chris took pictures, I turned around. The clouds looked like they were lowering and were looking very strange so I ran inside and slammed the door thinking the hail was about to start again!
Then about an hour later we turned on the news. We watched a video of one of the five confirmed tornadoes touch down right next to our apartment complex's clubhouse (behind and to the left of the building you can see in the above pictures)! There is a lot of thunder and lightning - I love it! We are under tornado watch for another couple hours - I'm thankful we haven't had anything damaged!

6 comments:

kayla said...

ho.ly.crap.
haha ok i admit to being kind of a chicken when it comes to storms, but goodNESS, between the hail and the tornadoes i'm amazed - but also thankful - that you haven't had any damage yet. i'm glad you're lovin it (lol cos i'd be terrified). Stay safe!!!

maggie said...

oh man, this is serious stuff! we heard the warnings, but ended up with some big raindrop -- not ice cubes! i do love a good summer storm -- but not one that wrecks my car!

Patty said...

Crazy pictures on that station website! I'm thankful you all are safe.

jennie said...

those clouds are crazy! so glad you are safe!!

Elizabeth said...

glad you guys are ok! praying for safe weather for everyone!

whittakerwoman said...

Oh my goodness! So glad you guys are safe! H