Sunday, November 13, 2011

Taste explosion

We had an incident here this past week. If you are familiar with homemade whipped cream, then you probably know that in order to whip the cream, you put a little charger full of nitrous oxide onto the thing and shake. The nitrous oxide pressurizes the canister, which allows the whipped cream to come out when you squeeze. 

We made whipped cream for our apple pie last week, but for some reason, the second time we tried to use it, nothing came out. Not any whipped cream, not any nitrous oxide, just nothing. So we (mistakenly) thought that maybe the canister had somehow de-pressurized...because we knew there had to be whipped cream left in there. So Chris decided to very cautiously open the canister in the sink, just in case it exploded.

Well, it exploded. EVERYWHERE. And opening it in the sink did. not. help.

If you can't see from this picture, it launched all over the walls, behind Chris's back all the way to the pantry door and the oven behind him. And on the floor. It wasn't pretty.

6 comments:

Patty said...

The exact same thing happened to me on New Year's when Erika's roommates from The John were here. Whipped cream EVERYWHERE! I've learned, and I'm sure you have, too!

Patty said...

PS I bet clean-up wasn't fun. Chris' face is so funny.

Ashley said...

Hahaha this is too funny - especially because we've all been there, but at least your incident was with something white, rather than chocolate (milkshake - the bottom of the blender fell out.)

jennie said...

too bad too cause that looks like some tasty whipped cream

Elizabeth said...

so sorry for the clean up you had to do! i have always wondered how the canister turned out!

maggie said...

oh my gosh! those pictures are TOO funny! i've had some pretty horrible kitchen mishaps... but you only ever do it once!