Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Slackline

We were home last weekend to celebrate a late Father's Day and a very late birthday for my dad!

My brother and his friend brought out a slackline  and hooked it up to some trees so we all decided to give slacklining a shot. A slackline is kind of exactly what it sounds like - it's a flat line about 3 or 4 inches wide that is hung between two points (in our case, two trees). Then you try to walk across it, or once you get good, I guess you could do whatever you wanted across it. It was definitely not easy, but it was a lot of fun regardless.

The line was pretty close to the ground and we started out by using each others shoulders for balance. I think by the end of the day I was able to stand on the line for a few seconds and take a full step...probably need some more practice! 

The pictures weren't great because it was SO sunny - Lauren kind of looks like she's glowing because she was wearing a white shirt. Anyway, it was a lot of fun and I would love to try it again some time.

4 comments:

maggie said...

Dave did this all the time in college! Guess you all aren't ready to walk across Niagara Falls quite yet...

Ashley said...

Your family comes up with the most creative activities! Where did you hear about this?

Katie said...

I actually have no idea - my brother got it for a friend or something for his birthday!

LA-jan said...

I saw guys doing that in San Clemente at the beach. Now, I know what it is! Cool.