Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Norfolk Admirals

Last weekend Chris and I went down to Norfolk to watch the Norfolk Admirals play the Charlotte Checkers. It was a fun game, particularly because the Admirals won. I haven't been to much in the way of hockey games despite the fact that my brother plays hockey and has played for the past almost 20 years. In fact, the only games I've gone to are the Hershey Bears growing up. The Bears are only a couple hours from my parents house and are the feeder team for the Caps so they were a good team to root for. Weirdly enough, the Admirals are affiliated with the Anaheim Ducks, 3,000 miles away. I feel like it would be really weird to get called up into the NHL but have to move clear across the country to do so. I'm sure they don't mind though.

2 comments:

jennie said...

i've never been to a hockey game but i hear they're a blast!

maggie said...

so many great Hershey Bears games in my childhood -- I wonder if we were ever at the same game together? I love a good hockey game brawl...