Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sleep and rest

According to the calendar, the end of winter and beginning of spring is upon us this week. This past month has been quite uneventful for us - true to typical winter fashion after the holidays. Between work and all the time I spend sleeping and/or "resting" on the couch, it seems like I don't have time for much else. If I'm honest about it though, I've got plenty of time, I just don't have any energy. I'm definitely hoping spring brings energy along with the warm weather so that I can actually get some things done.

Earlier in the week, Chris and I stood in line at the Pita Pit for over an hour to get free pitas because they were giving away food all day. It was great to be outside in the sunshine for an hour and then end up with some delicious food. I even got a cookie while waiting in line.

I also was able to catch up with some nurse friends for lunch and hear about everyone's jobs and lives over the past couple months since we passed boards. It's great to be able to work just 3 days a week, even if those 3 days are fairly long. Other than that and our doctor's appointment, I mostly just worked and slept this past week!

2 comments:

LA-jan said...

It takes a LOT of energy to produce another human being! Get your rest, girl!

Patty said...

Don't feel guilty about resting. Your body needs it. That cookies looks delicious! And I love the Pita Pit!