Pages

Monday, October 23, 2017

Eleanor's art

As a way to keep Eleanor and Jane's artwork somewhat organized, we tend to tape it to the door to their bedroom for the year and then when the door gets full, take a picture and start over again. We did this in my house growing up and it seemed like a decent system to me so we implemented it. Recently we took down all of Eleanor's craft projects from the last year to make room for the stuff she's making this year at preschool. Some of my favorites from this past year were:

- Eleanor's "snowman" named "Anne" (because we were reading Anne of Green Gables at the time and she was naming a lot of things Anne) - looks like the white squares glued to the blue paper near the middle bottom of her door.
-Her crab that she made out of her hands at VBS this past summer (bottom left).
-A popsicle-stick picture of "my family at church" where each popsicle stick represented me, Chris, herself, and Jane.
-Top middle, she made a Thanksgiving placemat last year which said "I am thankful...for Jesus!" which was very sweet.

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

So cute@ I love this system. It works so well when you were little and you could see your age when the art was done!!

La-Jan said...

This is a great idea! Dorothy, you are a genius!

Lauren said...

Definitely an awesome idea - I don't even remember doing this. I love the snowman, like a future Picasso :)