Pages

Monday, August 27, 2018

Summer women's small group

This summer I decided to start a summer women's small group for moms. With my kids being so little and two of them being babies who sweat a lot and get overheated, I am desperate for indoor, air-conditioned activities in this Williamsburg heat. I got a room reserved at our church that was big enough for the kids to play in while the moms sat and talked and so far it is working out great! I invited everyone I knew and the first week we had probably 8 moms and 20+ kids. Our church is doing a summer reading plan going through all of the Psalms and is doing a corporate reading of a Psalm at noon Tuesday through Friday so we are trying to join in that study time at the end of our group. Last week no one seemed to mind terribly all the wiggles and giggles coming from the left side of the room.

We've continued all summer long and SO many new moms to the area have joined us! As we enter our last week, I was reflecting on it and while it definitely turned much more into a playgroup than a Bible study, it has been a great outreach to get people plugged in in this area when there aren't a lot of organized activities to direct people to until the fall. I will miss this weekly group!

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Congratulations on such a great summer service! I bet everyone else was just a excited to be a part of the group!

Patty said...

I am really proud of you for starting this, when you have your hands so full! You have such a servant's heart! What a blessing to new people!