Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Appointments

Last week all four kids had doctor's appointments in the same week and Eleanor and Jane both had parent-teacher conferences. It was a crazy week. It's weeks like this that make me wish we had family close to help with the coordination, but we have been very blessed this past year by people volunteering to fill those roles! Unfortunately Ben threw up on one of the people who came to help me and the girls' appointments ran late so I'm not sure she's super happy to keep helping...

Eleanor weighs 38.1 pounds (31st percentile), is 43.4 inches tall (48th percentile and 65% of the way to my adult height), and her BMI is 14.3 (24th percentile).

Her parent-teacher conference went well. Eleanor's teacher said all great things. She is already reading at the level at which they expect kids to exit Kindergarten (no surprise - she works very hard), and her teacher loves her (and we love her teacher). She sits in the very back corner of the room because she can be trusted to be back there, which makes me proud of her.

Jane weighs 37.7 pounds (92nd percentile), is 38.7 inches tall (70th percentile and 58% of the way to my adult height), and her BMI is 17.6 (94th percentile).

Her parent-teacher conference also went well! Jane's teacher described a Jane I didn't know existed. Even-keel, nothing phases her, never yells, fights, or has to be disciplined. She also said Jane doesn't mind getting dirty, messy, etc. which I just can't imagine from a girl who has to change her entire outfit if a small drop of water hits her shirt and cries after she calms down from crying because "my eyes are weeeettttttt!" But, she is the youngest in her classroom and her teachers say she fits right in and is hanging in there wonderfully with the rest of the kids. She shares well at school and just loves being there. I am very proud of her, too!

Ben weighed in at 19 pounds, 12 ounces (24th percentile). He is 29 inches long (17th percentile and 37% of the way to Chris' adult height) and his head circumference is 18.5 inches (75th percentile).

Rosie weighed in at 16 pounds, 3 ounces (5th percentile). She is 27 inches long (1st percentile and 40% of the way to my adult height) and her head circumference is 18.2 inches (83rd percentile).

All told, the kids had to get a combined 8 shots, 2 finger pricks, 10 band aids, and only 2 kids cried. Eleanor was pretty angry because we had a new nurse that told her the finger prick wouldn't hurt (shocker: it did, and shocker #2: kids don't like being lied to. Eleanor straight up told her afterwards, "You lied to me. You lied to me!"). I needed a nap after this week.

As we enter Thanksgiving, I can't help but be very glad and thankful that all our kids are healthy and happy!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

How crazy Jane shows such a different side at school! Awesome reports all around, definitely thankful for happy and healthy kiddos!

LA-jan said...

As a middle child, I totally get Jane's dual personality! Fantastic report on all the kids👏👏👏👏 We all are amazed at the great parenting going on over there!

Dorothy said...

I agree how that personality can be so different at school than home. Good for Jane and Eleanor at doing so well in school! Ben and Rosie will be there soon enough!