Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2022

January wrap-up

January was cold, maybe the coldest that I can remember consistently in Williamsburg. We have obviously had colder weather, but it has just stayed cold the entire month. We had at least 3 snows, tons of days off school, lots of sledding, snowman building, hot chocolate drinking, and cozy fires. While we're enjoying the weather, I'm already dreaming about swimming!

The kids playing Mario Kart is always entertaining to watch.

Jane got to sit in the author chair at school and share one of her books!

Eleanor got to play for a travel soccer team as a guest player this winter.

Busch Gardens opened for something called Winter weekends so we went and enjoyed the park in January for the first time.

I've been trying to bake bread after getting a few lessons from Uncle Johnny and while I keep messing up certain aspects of it, I keep improving in some ways, too.

One time at small group all the kids worked with the babysitters to get a show together and they performed some Encanto songs for us when group was over. It was adorable.

Jane has been making a ton of progress reading.

One morning I made homemade donuts - they came out okay, but a little overcooked on the outside and undercooked in the middle.

Rosie and Ben learned to write their names! I didn't have much to do with this - they just pulled it together at some point and showed me. I was impressed. Who needs preschool? (Though they're desperate to go next year!)

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Can't wait to try some bread and donuts. Good reading and writing!