Pages

Monday, September 4, 2023

August wrap-up

In August we basically did all of our summer travel. Swim team is very busy in June/July so with August wide open we ended up planning several things. Here's what we were up to while we were home...

We celebrated my birthday.

We had popsicles to meet our new principal.

We went swimming at Auntie Mollie's pool and had some breath holding competitions (Ben won).

We got ice cream with library coupons at Baskin Robbins and played in the library fountains.

We eagerly anticipated and got our teacher letters!

We had a couple extra children for a week.

We spent lots of time at Busch Gardens...

My sister Ashleigh gifted me her fiddle leaf fig tree before she moved across the country. I've had it since December/January and ended up repotting it and it was just growing like crazy. I decided to cut it to see if I could get it to propogate. I just did it this month, so we'll see what happens...

We took a walk on the Greensprings Trail and randomly got rained on!

Rosie spent a ton of time making this birthday gift for Eleanor this year. She basically made her Harry Potter paper dolls (Hagrid, Professor McGonagall, Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, Harry, and a wand). I legitimately teared up.

We spent the last weekend of August at the pool. We love this place. It will be open for a couple more weekends in September, thankfully.

We were had a fair amount of travel in August and are glad to be settling into a new school year and some semblance of routine again, but I sure do love the summer and all its glory. 

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

There is nothing like summer days. You guys sure do take full advantage! Love the pictures!