Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Long time no blog

Well I haven't posted in a long time! I have a good excuse though...I have been very very busy. I know you all have been enjoying Chris's Free Credit report posts though!

Anyway, this past weekend I spent Saturday and Sunday on campus doing a two-day lab for one of my classes. I am so thankful it's over! It was interesting, but my group got through everything pretty quickly and the weekend involved a lot of sitting idly and waiting for the rest of the groups to catch up. The rest of this past week and weekend I have been studying to take my final exam and finish my first class! I am actually really excited to finish it! I was hoping to take the exam today and get it over with, but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get out of all of this snow.

So the part I wanted to share with everyone is this: for our lab we were supposed to wear a covering (such as a lab coat, or just a bit shirt to cover our clothing) so that we wouldn't bring microorganisms home with us. I borrowed a long-sleeved t-shirt from Chris, and it seemed like most people in my lab had the same idea; save one. One guy came into our lab and pulled a full body, zippered, disposable jumpsuit with hood out of his bag. Day one's jumpsuit was white, and day two's jumpsuit was a metallic silver color. I tried to get a picture but wasn't able to. For a mental image, just picture though the guys from E.T. Anyway, the funniest part was that everytime this guy moved or shifted in his seat, it sounded like someone was shaking out a garbage bag until the movement stopped! I really wish I had a picture for you guys, but just know that it was awesome.
On another note, I promise if I have ignored you this week and not returned phone calls or emails that I will definitely get around to it this week!

5 comments:

jennie said...

oh my gosh that's hilarious. who has not one but TWO disposable jumpsuits?

Whittaker Woman said...

Thanks for the update! H

LA-jan said...

those mircrorganisms have a "smell" all their own that you never forget!

Elizabeth said...

will you please ask him where he got them? congrats on surviving a 2-day lab. that is my idea of hell.

Dorothy said...

Glad your busy week is over - we missed you.