Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Still learning

I won't even get in to my lack of posting recently because let's be honest, it's bound to get worse before it gets better :) This summer's theme seems to be a lot of learning in a very short amount of time, but I know it will be over before I even realize it. How do I know this? Because midterms are starting next week!

School is going well so far. I still haven't gotten used to sitting through classroom lectures again, but thankfully we only have to be in a classroom twice per week. Working in the hospital is my favorite part of the program so far - I am definitely an active learner and remember things better by doing them than by reading about them conceptually. It's kind of exciting to find out what kind of patient I will be getting next! Last week I got to observe while a patient got an echo-cardiogram, which is basically just a cool way to view the heart and its various aspects using ultrasound.

I am doing a lot of observing and absorbing these days so I'll do my best to keep up with these posts to keep anyone out there who's interested updated!

7 comments:

jennie said...

i'm interested! good luck on midterms! hard to believe you are already taking them!

Patty said...

I'm interested! Love to hear as much as you can post!

Elizabeth said...

so glad you got to see an echo--i always love watching those! good luck on midterms and congrats on getting halfway through the semester!

LA-jan said...

You are moving fast. I love your updates!

Dorothy said...

Keep posting - I love the updates! Good luck on the mid terms.

Aunt Michele said...

Me too!!! I love seeing the birth of another nurse in the family!!! You are joining 2 of the best! Keep up the work! Amazing it's mid semester already! Love you!

maggie said...

i echo all of the above -- i love hearing your updates and all of the amazing things you are doing so far :) Keep them coming when you can!