Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Trophies

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at things, moving requires you to really assess your possessions and rethink what you are carrying around with you from place to place. With those thoughts in mind, we've been doing our best to go through clothes, closets, cabinets, etc. in order to get rid of the things we haven't used in awhile and aren't likely to use in the future. Well, last weekend Chris found a couple bins of old trophies in our outside storage closet that his parents had brought to us when they converted his room into a guest room and he decided it was time to go through them and let them go.

I mean, I got a couple of these back in my swimming/soccer/softball/basketball days (yes, I was never that great at any one sport so I had to switch around often enough that no one would notice!), but he had so many it was hard to keep them straight.

Also keep in mind, that this display doesn't include any of his numerous swimming plaques that we still have in another bin...

I hate getting rid of sentimental stuff, but to be honest, Chris still has enough high school and college basketball stuff that I don't think he'll miss these ;)

While it was sad to see them go, that is one 25 pound box that I will be happy I don't have to carry in this next move!

4 comments:

jennie said...

that's A LOT of trophies! did he have any that were for interesting talents? like "best slick rhyme master"

Patty said...

OK, so this hurts! I have tears in my eyes. I realize the necessity...but the memories!

Patty said...

Oh, now I see your pillar of knowledge from Mr. Wiener in 4th grade. And that OKM trophy - wasn't that for the Division??

Chris said...

Mom - the big blue one was for winning the coaches relay at divisional relays, and Wallace decided to get us huge trophies for that.