Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Vineyard walk

One of our last evenings in the Vineyards, we took a walk through the neighborhood around the loop we had been making the last six weeks. It was such a pretty walk and I wanted to make it one last time. The pictures make it seem like it was later than it was, but it was dusky when we set out.

None of the vines had any grapes on them yet, but over the last couple weeks, we had been seeing people out there each morning and evening getting them ready for the season.


I've always thought that it would be fun to work or volunteer at a winery and learn more about the process. I know there's a lot of hard work that goes into it, so maybe one day when I've got lots of time on my hands again I'll check into it :)


Also, I don't think I ever posted a picture of the house in which we were staying the last few weeks, so here it is:

It reminds me very much of Williamsburg, which is probably what they were going for when they built it years ago, so I suppose they did a good job :)

1 comment:

Patty said...

These are beautiful pictures! I would love to work at a winery, too!