Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Herbs

I've decided to try my hand again at growing stuff. I have been highly unsuccessful in the past at keeping plants alive so I have set my expectations low this time and started off easy. Basil and Parsley. That is what I'm starting with - we will see how it turns out! So far I've gotten some positive feedback from the little green shoots sprouting up, but I am afraid to over/under water them and kill them.

Basil:
(Day 4)
(Day 8)

Parsley: The parsley eluded me for over a week. I was watching the basil sprout up while seeing nothing in the parsley container. Eventually though my patience paid off, and now the parsley is taller than the basil!
(Day 9)
(Day 11)

And finally, day 15 post-planting:

Like I said, I don't have high hopes given my track record, but I would love to be able to at least once use my own basil in bruschetta. We'll see if it happens :)

3 comments:

jennie said...

looks good so far, katie!

LA-jan said...

Definitely things looking good at this point! Good luck!
Terry likes to start with small plants, you are adventurous!

maggie said...

i've never grown herb from seed! so impressed! can't wait to see how they grow :)