Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Work and the weekends

This month has been off to a busy start in terms of our schedules. I have been working long hours and Chris has had quite a few work-related events over the past couple weeks, as well as a few this coming week. I don't have much to say in the way of how my summer session is going except that essentially we still have to get the same number of clinical hours in that we do during a normal semester in half the time. It involves a very dexterous calendar and a good attitude. And I have learned that the 11a-11p shift is not fun. (Fun fact: in our time system for scheduling, the 11a-11p shift is called the "Y" shift. Which some other people refer to as the "Y me?!" shift. And I agree.)

In the meantime, we've been enjoying our free time by...

checking out the local Farmer's Market...

taking walks around Colonial Williamsburg...

eating lots of Sweet Frog...

and meeting someone's pet goat! It was a bit weird but actually very cute. I kind of want one myself, though Chris would probably be opposed to it even if we did have somewhere for it to live.

It has been a wonderful summer so far despite the busyness and I can't wait for next month when my schedule slows down quite a bit and Chris' job gets a bit more relaxed until the new school year starts back up.

2 comments:

jennie said...

what would you name your pet goat?

LA-jan said...

I'll bet looking forward to that "sweet frog" get you through those "Y me" shifts!

I wonder if Eileen still has any pictures of our goats on the
farm. . ..