Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2018

Jane is THREE!

Jane is three years old! Like most middle children, she is adaptable and copies everything her big sister does. She absolutely will not be pushed around though and stands up for herself with vigor (against her sister). Jane does not like to be wet (except in the pool), dirty, sandy, mulchy, or anything in between. If she isn't clean, she has to change her clothes pretty much immediately - even for a tiny splash. She loves to swim though, and can stay in a pool for hours in her swimmies. She is a fish! She likes to dance like her sister, read books, and loves playing with the babies. Jane is not gentle, though, and while she does everything in love, she often upsets her younger siblings by either knocking them over, squishing them, or being too loud. She is also our most genuinely sweet child - she hands out compliments and praises like water and they come out of nowhere. "I like your shirt, dad!" "Thanks for making me this, mom!" I love her caring heart and hope we're able to find ways to nurture her sweet spirit! She knows how to throw a tantrum though and goes from very happy to very mad very quickly. She's learning to use her words, but frequently just starts yelling when frustrated.

Jane has the most gorgeous curly hair. People ask me whether we curl it or if it's natural, and if you know me, you know I'm not spending time curling my kids' hair. Anyway, I love her movie star hair and can't bring myself to cut it! She sleeps about 11 hours at night and naps occasionally - but I'm hoping she'll nap more now that her sister is in school and she has the room to herself in the afternoon. She also started preschool this week! Jane potty trained herself just after she turned 2.5 and barely had an accident for the first two weeks. I was so impressed. It just shows us that when she sets her mind to something, nothing can stop her determination.

We love our sweet middle child! Happy 3rd birthday, Jane!!

Jane at onetwothreefourfive, sixseveneightnineteneleventwelvefifteen, and eighteen months old. Jane at two and two and a half years old.

Eleanor (three) and Jane, each at three:

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

She is so sweet and you are right...her hair is wonderful! That picture of her and E and 3...Wow, I didn't realize how much they looked similar at the same age! Happy birthday sweet Jane!